Installing Vinyl Tiles
- Measuring Tape
- Cutter (with spare blades)
- Compass Divider
- Adhesive (water-based white glue)
Surface & Product Preparation
- Ensure subfloor is smooth, firm, flat, clean, dry and free from debris and defects
- Room temperature of installation area must be between 15˚C (59˚F) and 30˚C (85˚F)
- All adhesives and flooring must be kept in the same environment to acclimatise at least 24-48 hours before installation begins. Preferably, the product must be unpacked and laid individually
- Ensure no traces of water or moisture is present in any subfloor type. Moisture retention is the leading cause of installation failure
- Check to ensure the products you have are sufficient for the installation space and are of the same batch and/ or lot number. Differing batch or lot numbers can create slightly uneven colour consistency when installed.
- Plan the layout of the installation by finding the exact centre of the room. Divide the room into equal quadrants by making two perpendicular lines on the sub-floor intersecting at the centre point.
- Pick a quadrant to start and begin applying adhesive, remember only to use recommended adhesives to prevent void of our structural warranty. Adhesives are highly flammable, avoid all contact with open flames or sparks
- Work on small portions of the sub-floor at a time when applying adhesive, optimum adhesive usage is 0.3 to 0.45 kg per square metre. Be sure to smoothen out the adhesive and make sure no adhesive puddle is present.
- Approximately 20 to 30 minutes after applying adhesive, begin laying the tiles. Unless for a custom laying pattern, be sure to position the tiles according to the arrows on the back, all pointing in the same direction.
- Leave a distance of 1mm from the wall and the edge of the tile and always remember to press the tiles down as you lay for maximum adhesion.
- Remove any excess adhesive from the tile surface immediately after installation using alcohol or alkali water and a clean, dry cloth.
- It is recommended to roll the floor upon installation to ensure the tiles are firmly stuck to the surface of the subfloor. Newly laid flooring needs time to cure, so remember not to wet wash the floor at least 5 days after installation and avoid moving furniture onto floor for at least 24 hours.
Vinyl Tiles Care & Maintenance
- When moving furniture onto the floor, always ensure items are carefully and lightly placed onto the floor to minimise dents and indentations. Also check that the bottoms of furniture are debris-free and clean to prevent scratches
- It is recommended to polish the surface of the floor every 3 to 6 months depending on the level of foot traffic. For this purpose, use only alkaline water based polishers and avoid using any strong solvents
- When removing stains, avoid using abrasive cleaners that can scratch the floor surface or detergents that can leave residue. Use only neutral water-based cleaning agents along with water for best cleaning results.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor regularly, and then clean the floor with a lightly damp mop with a neutral cleaning agent diluted in water
- Use appropriate protectors on furniture and do not drag or slide furniture across the surface of the floor
- It is recommended to place a dirt-trapping mat at the entrance doorway to reduce tracked-in dirt, stains and moisture